DARDEN AWARDSCelebrating contributions to regional leadership
Darden Awards for regional leadership
Wednesday, November 15, 2023
CIVIC Leadership Institute is proud to announce its recipients for the 2023 Darden Awards for Regional Leadership. Robert W. Cross will receive the Individual Darden Award and LifeNet Health will be honored with the Corporate Darden Award.
Regional executives and community leaders will celebrate this year’s Darden Award honorees at an event on Wednesday, November 15, 2023 at the Decker Half Moone Center in Norfolk.
Darden Awards Sponsors
Thank you for the support of our generous sponsors. We are especially appreciative to our Title Sponsors, TowneBank and Sentara, for their commitment to the Darden Awards. For more information about sponsoring the Darden Awards for Regional Leadership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Darden Awards
The annual Darden Awards welcomes over 550 regional executives and community leaders to celebrate the honorees’ contributions to regional leadership. Established in 2005, the Darden Award for Regional Leadership is named for CIVIC Leadership Institute’s Founder Emeritus, the late Joshua P. Darden Jr.
Each year an individual and a corporation from the Hampton Roads region is selected to receive the award. Those honored have delivered extraordinary service on boards, commissions and as community volunteers. They worked to create sustainable efforts toward the betterment of life for the people of the Hampton Roads Region and demonstrate exceptional leadership in the pursuit of regional cooperation.
Darden Award RECIPIENTS
- 2023 Individual Honorees: Robert W. Cross
- 2023 Corporate Honorees: LifeNet Health
- 2022 Individual Honorees: Gilbert T. Bland
2022 Corporate Honoree: Sentara Healthcare
- 2019 Individual Honorees: David and Susan Goode
2019 Corporate Honoree: Kaufman & Canoles
- 2018 Individual Honoree: Harvey L. Lindsay, Jr.
2018 Corporate Honoree: Ferguson
- 2017 Individual Honoree: George Y. Birdsong
2017 Corporate Honoree: Dollar Tree
- 2016 Individual Honoree: John R. Lawson, II
2016 Corporate Honoree: Landmark Media Enterprises, LLC
- 2015 Individual Honorees: Joan and Macon Brock
2015 Corporate Honoree: Newport News Shipbuilding
- 2014 Individual Honoree: Jane Parke Batten
2014 Corporate Honoree: Norfolk Southern Corporation
- 2013 Individual Honoree: John O. “Dubby” Wynne
2013 Corporate Honoree: TowneBank
- 2012: Vince & Suzanne Mastracco
- 2011: Dr. Deborah M. DiCroce
- 2010: Jack L. Ezzell, Jr.
- 2009: Harry T. Lester
- 2008: Paul O. Hirschbiel, Jr.
- 2007: G. Robert Aston, Jr.
- 2006: J. Robert Bray
- 2005: Joshua P. Darden, Jr., Founder Emeritus