Executive NominationsDeveloping leaders for the future of Hampton Roads.
CIVIC alumni, your participation in this process is critical. We continue to seek out dedicated and diverse leadership from across the region.
All nominations will be shared with the nominating committee for consideration. Nominees who are not selected for the upcoming program year will remain on the nomination list for consideration for future years.
Please email email@example.com for additional information about the CIVIC nomination process and information about the upcoming Class.
- Year round nominations accepted from alumni
- February: Nomination deadline for nominees to be considered for the upcoming CIVIC class year
- March: Nomination Committee first meeting
- April: Initial invitations extended for the upcoming class year
- May: Nomination Committee second meeting
- June: Class composition evaluated based on acceptance and additional invitations extended
- July: Class finalized
- September: Incoming Class welcome event (Alumni invited to attend)
class of 2024 program dates
- September 28, 2023: Class of 2024 Welcome Event
- October 19-20, 2023: Opening Retreat (overnight event)
- November 2, 2023: Program Day
- November 15, 2023: The Darden Awards
December 7, 2023: Program Day
- January 18, 2024: Program Day
- February 22, 2024: Program Day
- March 21, 2024: Program Day
- April 18, 2024: Program Day
- May 16, 2024: Closing Program and Founders’ Luncheon
Candidates must have at least 15 years of professional or volunteer work experience to be eligible for review by the nominating committee. Professional or volunteer work experience can include:
- Public Sector
- Post Graduate
- Military O-6 or above
CIVIC accepts nominations from executive program alumni year round. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information about the CIVIC nomination process, information about the upcoming Class, or to nominate a local leader today.
Recruiting for upcoming classes is a year round process. The nominating committee, which is composed of members of previous CIVIC classes, meets periodically to assess the recommendations. Each class is comprised of a cross-section of leaders from the business, education, military, cultural and non-profit communities. CIVIC also has a strong commitment to geographic, ethnic, and gender diversity.
New classes are announced in September. The deliberations of the nominating committee are confidential, and its decisions are final. Candidates who are recommended, but not selected for a given class year, may be reconsidered for nomination in future years.